Artificial Intelligence is the name of a collection of techniques inspired by the goal of understanding and implementing intelligent behaviour. The course will present some of these techniques so that students can apply them when it makes sense to use them, and understand how they will perform in such applications.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe introductory techniques in Artificial Intelligence, including:
- Heuristic search and adversarial search
- Logic for knowledge representation and reasoning – Reasoning under uncertainty
- Elementary machine learning
- Apply introductory techniques in Artificial Intelligence (see above) to solve more-or-less realistic problems.
- To demonstrate critical analysis of potential applications of the introductory techniques
The phrase “Artificial Intelligence" also evokes connotations and implications about technology, sometimes fictional and exaggerated. We’ll spend a little time discussing these conceptions and misconceptions.